Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tablet PCs and Children

The folks over at JumpingMinds.com have really done it. They've created a fun way for children to engage math as an experience instead of as a chore.
My son is in the 3rd grade, and while being ahead of the curve in reading, has deficient motivation towards math and writing. I've searched for ways for the last three years to get his attention towards learning the building blocks of his future. Time after time I'd sit him down and have to literally re-teach him the very basics of simple math. Then I discovered my Tablet PC. Then I discovered JumpingMinds.
This software is a must for anyone from Middle School down. Not only does it give you a fun method of doing your work, but it also has the benefit of having area to write in.
Speaking directly of my experience with my son, he's very into the feel of the software and the input with the pen. He will make comments of how it's "boring" with the pencil now, and fun with the stylus. He's even asked to play with the software, being rewarded with an advance to another level of difficulty.
My hats off to this software company. Not only are they in a market that I'm sure they'll do fine in, but they are helping struggling students learn a frustrating topic in an exciting approach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home