Saturday, February 25, 2006

Fujitsu Screen Problems





















I've posted on the Buzz about Fujitsu's screen cover coming up at the corners when the unit gets hot (which is every time I turn it on and use it for more than 15 minutes). I've decided to post pictures for everyone to see it. There were some posted at the buzz, but the post is buried and dead. ( http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28488 ). These pictures don't show it, but the cover comes up at every corner.

I'm still very happy with my computer, but this problem has caused dust particles to get under the screen cover and onto the LCD. This is disturbing for me. This also seems to be a wider problem than most will admit. I'll have them service this unit hopefully after I take finals.

I had a vision of helping others see the uses of Tablet PCs in a university setting, and I have still told others that I do like the products Fujitsu has produced, but they've also seen the flaws in this by watching me constantly pushing the corners down.

Fujitsu, get your act together! I can't believe that being one of the longest run tablet pc divisions in the computer world you'd still have these issues. Isn't that why you released a new ST series?

I'll post some pictures soon of the dust that's accumulated under the screen cover due to the valley between the cover and the case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bhaltair said...

The Fujitsu repair stated that the only way to fix it is in the repair shop. The unit would be gone for three days. I'll test this out when I take my finals.

2:49 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home