Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tablet PCs and Politics

I have created this site to give new Tablet PC users help in basic tasks that I had to learn the hard way. I researched for days, weeks, and sometimes months to get the information that I needed. Rob Bushway and Dennis Rice have created a great website for doing just this at www.gottabemobile.com which host a plethora of walk-throughs and advice for those users who are at the level that I am at now.
I have noticed that there are many posts on personal blog spots that involve religion and politics. I have wondered if this would annoy or anger people if I did post some of my ideas and reasons why I have my personal beliefs since I've seen this. It's amazing how many people I see that are involved in religion etc. posting their views on links that I have clicked simply to get Tablet PC advice.

I don't have many readers here, partly because this blog is new and partly because there are a few thousand other sites just like mine out there. What do you think?
I live in the Pacific Northwest. I was raised in a very religious home that I consider pretty radical. I consider myself progressive and neither a Republican or a Democrat. I have always been interested in religion, but I am not a member of any particular flavor. Religion has mixed with Politics as of late and I feel that we are on the wrong course in our country.

Are any of you interested in reading different viewpoints as I am? Would you read if I spent the time to link particular posts that catch my eye?
Are you fixed in your beliefs so much that anything from another point of view would cause you to ignore another human?

I'm very interested in your comments on this. As a student I've found many christian groups coming onto my campus who do not attend the college to recruit people into their fold. I enjoy having discussions with them and unless they are complete idiots when it comes to actual history (not as recorded in the Bible) we have great conversations. Let me know what you think.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rob Bushway said...

Bhaltair, I'd love to hear your thoughts on religion, tablet pcs, and life in general.

I really enjoy having open discussions with folks who enjoy debating the topics.

BTW: thanks for the link to the site. I hope you find the information we provide at GottaBeMobile.com to be of value to you.

Rob Bushway
www.GottaBeMobile.com

9:36 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog on my friend!

Do not feel you need to ask anyone's permission to blog on any subject, anytime you like. A blog is a personal journal of what you think. You will be surprised at the things people will say, some good some bad. Just do not take it personally!

As far a content, I post to two different blogs nowadays. You kindly mentioned one -- www.gottabemobile.com, whish is where Rob Bushway and I have joined to do tech stuff, particularly Tablet PC info. Thanks for the kind words there!

The other is dennisrice.wordpress.com, where I share my personal and religious views when I feel the notion. Keeping the two separate help me keep my thoughts in line. I do not believe people who read my business stuff necessarily want to read personal, and vice-versa. BUT, I do have a link on each to the other.

Good luck. You will find your style and mehtod tht works best for YOU!

10:50 AM PST  
Blogger Bhaltair said...

I have been thinking about splitting that up. I feel it'd impede the process of people looking at tablet pc information if something I say is offensive to them. I think I will do that :) Thank you for your advice my friends.

7:04 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home