Thursday, March 09, 2006

Buyer's Remorse

I've contacted Fujitsu via e-mail and I have a decision ahead of me that I'm not enjoying.
I purchased my tablet for an obscene amount of money, and I'm feeling that the value I received for my cash isn't worth it.
My problem is simple; the sales staff at Fujitsu are misinformed.
I spoke to several of them, and they informed me that the video chip was upgraded enough to run Vista. I even talked about it on the Buzz when I was contemplating on my purchase. I was considering the Electrovaya SC3000 and the Fujitsu ST503x.
After owning it for a few months, I've found different. Even when I go to a website that has moving graphics let alone anything graphically intensive, the screen/cursor lags quite a bit. I have 2 gigs in the machine for goodness sake.
It's 2006! Why do they have such crappy video chips in these machines that cost more than I purchased my Jeep for?

My decision ahead - Do I try to return the unit to Fujitsu and go for yet another tablet that I can't demo (Electrovaya) or abandon the Slate form that I love for a heavy convertible that has more power and can run the future OS? I'm honestly feeling that this isn't worth it.

It's finals week and I can't spend time pondering this. I don't even know if Fujitsu is going to release something new around the corner. I am feeling I should cash in and wait for them to get their heads out of (I wish I could really speak my mind here) the sand and produce something that quite frankly desktops had 4 years ago. There are no excuses they can honestly give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home